ALACHUA COUNTY, FL - The Alachua County Board of County Commissioners has partnered with the American Heart Association (AMA) to provide CPR training and heart health information to employees and citizens of Alachua County. The event is scheduled for Thursday July 21, 2011 at the Alachua County Public Works Hague Compound. The event has two elements:
1. “CPR Anytime” presentation, which includes additional information on:
· Using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
· Calling 911
· Heart Health Education
2. Community Partners Expo includes:
· Information on Heart Disease
· CHOICES Health and Wellness Program information
· Chair Massages
· AMA Heart Walk Registration
The event starts with a morning session for Alachua County employees, with CPR Anytime training from 7:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. and the Community Partners Expo from 8:15 a.m. to 9 a.m.
The public is invited for a repeat of the CPR Anytime training at 9 a.m. and the Community Partners Expo will continue until the event ends at 11 a.m.
Directions to the Public Works Hague Compound: Go five miles north of the Highway Patrol Station on Highway 441 to County Road 25A. Turn right onto County Road 25A and take an immediate right onto Culpepper Way.
For more information, contact Amy Eisenson, Alachua County Wellness Coordinator, at 352-264-6981.