ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their twice-monthly Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday March 13, 2012. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
6. Time certain item beginning at 1:30 p.m. - Operational and Staff Analysis of the Alachua County Jail (Jail Study)
8. Issuance of Bonds by the Alachua County Health Facilities Authority for Florida Clinical Practice Association Inc's Medical Building and Medical Office Projects
9. Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Priority Projects Submittal
10. Poe Springs Management Agreement with High Springs
Items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
15. Purchase of the Watermelon Pond - Metzger Tract by Alachua County Forever
16. Execute contract to sell a portion of the Alachua County Forever Bishop and Henderson property to the City of Gainesville.
View the Complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent Agenda and Backup Materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings or to view them live on Cox Channel 12 or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by clicking on and signing up for the following products: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.