ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their twice-monthly Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, August 28, 2012. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
The Commission has added a time certain Budget Discussion item at 1:30 p.m. that is not on the agenda link below.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
10. Presentation of the Administrative Services Department and Court Services Department Fee Study
11. Placement of traffic control devices and designation of speed limits on County roadways
12. Alachua County FFY 2011 Community Development Block Grant Housing Rehabilitation Contract with Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
13. Solid Waste: Second Amendment to Solid Waste, Recyclable Materials and Yard Trash Collection Agreement
14. Final Certification of Medicaid Backlog Claims
15. Alachua County v. Dudek Settlement Agreement (Medicaid litigation)
Items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
20. Continuation of First Public Hearing to Consider the Proposed Changes to the Unified Land Development Code
21. Melrose Rural Cluster: Public Hearing on Scope of Work for Special Area Study and Plan
22. ZOM-06-12. A Request to Rezone a portion of parcel number 20098-000-00 from R-1a (Single Family Residential) to R-1c (Single Family Residential).
23. ZOS-01-12: A request for a special use permit for excavation of more than 200 cubic yards in an 'A' (Agricultural) district on approximately 188 acres.
24. ZOX-02-12: A request for a minor amendment to an existing special exception for a large group home in an 'A' (Agriculture) district on approximately 8 acres.
25. ZOM-07-12: A request for a minor amendment to an existing 'PD' (Planned Development) district to amend the permitted uses in the Urban Mixed Use areas of the PD by adding Restaurants and Bars.
26. ZOM-08-12: A request for a minor amendment to an existing 'PD' (Planned Development) district reducing a rear vegetative buffer from 30 feet to 20 feet.
27. Park Avenue at Santa Fe Traditional Neighborhood Development Preliminary Development Plan
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings or to view them live on Cox Channel 12 or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by clicking on and signing up for the following products: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.