ALACHUA COUNTY, FL –The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday December 11, 2012. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
13. 2013 Alachua County State Legislative Program
14. Waste Management: discussion on WCA proposal for a curbside residential collection contract extension and disposal agreement renegotiation.
Items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
19. Solid Waste: Resolution of Intent to use Uniform Method of Collecting Non-Ad Valorem Assessments
21. Archer Braid Trail Phase II - 30 percent Design Plans
Zoning and land use items include: (If you know citizens who live near these projects, please share this press release.)
20. Public Hearing for proposed Plat Vacation; Arredondo Grant and Benwood Estates
22. CPA 09-12: Comprehensive Plan Amendment for Area Southeast of Airport
This is an application initiated by Alachua County to amend the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan 2011-2030 to change the Future Land Use Map designation of approximately 23.0 acres from “Heavy Industrial” to “Low Density Residential” (1-4 dwelling units per acre) for an area generally located north of NE 39th Avenue, south of NE 27th Avenue, and east of NE 59th Street; and to change the Future Land Use Map designation of approximately 59.3 acres from “Heavy Industrial” to “Estate Residential” (max. 1 dwelling unit per 2 acres) for an area generally located north of NE 27th Avenue, south of Gainesville Regional Airport, and east of NE 59th Street. The amendment includes 27 total parcels of land, all of which are located southeast of Gainesville Regional Airport. The amendment would bring the Future Land Use Map designation in line with the existing residential character of this area. More information related to this amendment is available online at the Alachua County Department of Growth Management. For further information, please contact Ben Chumley, Senior Planner, at 352-374-5249 or email@example.com.
23. Establish the first of two Community Development Districts for the Celebration Pointe Transit Oriented Development.
24. Establish the second of two Community Development Districts for the Celebration Pointe Transit Oriented Development.
25. Variance for setback: Scenic Road Corridors Overlay requirements of Chapter 405 Unified Land Development Code
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.