ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, April 23, 2013. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
12. School Safety Presentation: Sheriff Darnell, School Board Superintendent Dr. Dan Boyd and Gainesville Police Chief Tony Jones
13. Authorization to advertise public hearings on amendments to update the Public School Facilities Element and corresponding policies in the Capital Improvements Element of the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan
14. Water Conservation Month update
15. Tourist Development Council: Memorandum of Understanding
16. Update on the Lion Statuary Project
17. Changes to FY13 fee schedule for Public Works in the Animal Services division
There is an opportunity for Public Comment and two proclamations at the evening Public Hearing, but there are no decision items on the agenda.
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.