ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 25, 2013. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
8. Mobile Outreach Clinic Status Report presentation
9. Capital Improvement Program (CIP) presentation and discussion
10. Additional maintenance services needed on the existing Jail HVAC Systems as part of the Alachua County Jail Roof/HVAC Replacement Project Phase II
11. Agreement with Peter Brown Construction, Inc. for the installation of the Jail HVAC and Roof Replacement Project Phase II
12. Freedom Community Center revised rental rates
13. Poe Springs Park rental rates
14. Kanapaha Soccer Field light rental rates resolution
15. Review eligibility of Affordable Housing Impact Fee Relief Program
16. NSP real estate offer to sell 2828 NE 17th Terrace, Gainesville
Items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
21. Alachua County Human Rights Ordinance
Zoning and land use items include: (If you know citizens who live near these projects, please share this press release.)
22. CPA 03 13: Amendments to the Public School Facilities Element and Capital Improvements Element relating to Public School Concurrency
23. First of two Public Hearings on proposed Unified Land Development Code Updates to correct scrivener's errors and allow separate well and septic systems for accessory dwelling units
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.