ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct three Special Meetings on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 10 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 5:01 p.m. The 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. meetings will be held in the Grace Knight Conference Room. The 5:01 p.m. meeting will be held in the Jack Durrance Auditorium. Both meeting rooms are located on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration building (12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
The 10 a.m. meeting agenda items include:
1. Report on Evaluation of Veterans Services
2. CONSENT: SFY 2014/2015 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program
3. County Collaboration and Suggested Policy for Not-For-Profit Agencies
The 1:30 p.m. meeting agenda item includes:
1. Resource Recovery Park (RRP) Update
The 5:01 p.m. meeting agenda item includes:
1. PUBLIC HEARING: Ordinance placing a referendum on November ballot amending County's
Charter by imposing term limits on Commissioners
2. BoCC proposed Millage Rates to fund FY15 Tentative Budget
3. Amendment to Alachua County's Noise Ordinance - Authorization to Advertise
Citizens are encouraged to attend these meetings. They will be available to view live on Cox Channel 12 or on the County's Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by clicking on and signing up for the following products: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.