ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, October 14, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
7. Advisory Board Presentation: Advisory Committee on Rural Concerns Work Plan and Accomplishments Report
8. Annual Workplan/Accomplishments Report for FY 2014-15 for the Criminal Justice, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Grant Planning Committee (CJMHSAG)
9. Update on lawsuit filed by the Florida Association of Counties (FAC) to challenge House Bill 5301 (County contributions to Medicaid)
10. 2015 proposed calendar for upcoming Board of County Commission meetings
11. County Manager and County Attorney annual performance reviews
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
18. Alachua County Wage Recovery Ordinance proposed amendments
19. Revise the County Code to add a Department of Facilities Management
20. CPA-02-14: A small-scale map amendment for a parcel at intersection of Newberry Rd./NW 122nd Rd.
21. Old Oaks Estates replat of Lot 8 - A public hearing to consider a replat to change the side setback to 20’ on approximately 5.02 acres located at 3824 NW 192nd Drive. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 374-5249 or Rick Wolf at email@example.com for further information.
22. ZOM-01-14: A rezoning for a parcel at intersection of Newberry Rd./NW 122nd Rd.
23. CPA-04-14: A small-scale map amendment for the former Jonesville fire station.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.