ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, January 27, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
5. Presentation from the Gainesville Community Redevelopment Agency
6. Florida Solar Financing Action Plan presentation
7. Workshop and Request to Advertise amendments to the Unified Land Development Code
8. Update presentation of no-kill status at Alachua County Animal Services
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
14. Purchase of the Lochloosa Creek-Shimer Property by Alachua County Forever
15. SW 63rd Blvd/SW 62nd Ave Rehabilitation Project
16. A request to adopt changes to Policies 6.1.8 and 6.2 of the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Element to permit wood-based industrial uses in the Rural/Agricultural land use
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.