ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, February 9, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
6. Program presentation by Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell
7. Financial support for special event/program Strike Out Hunger Food Drive and Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway
8. Ballot initiative discussion on County priorities
9. Approval of cell phone/tablet policy
10. Renovations to the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building
11. Regional Transit System FY 2017 Level of Service
12. Best Friends Animal Society Network Agreement with Animal Services
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
18. Public Hearing for SW 65th Avenue Street Vacation
19. Public Hearing for SW 95th, 99th, and 103rd Streets Street Vacation
20. Solid Waste: Resolution of Intent to Use Uniform Method of Collecting Non-Ad Valorem Assessments
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Items to be Added to the Regular Agenda
- Discussion regarding the Windsor Volunteer Fire Services Agreement, per Angela Montgomery (to precede Item #18)
Items to be Added to the Consent Agenda
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from Department of Economic Opportunity, per James Harriott, Jr. (to follow Item # 38)
- Agreement with Cade Museum Foundation Inc. for Tourist Development Tax funding for the building of the Cade Museum for Creativity and Invention, per Gina Peebles. (to follow item above)
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (220 S.E. 2nd Ave, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.