ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, February 23, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
4. Strike Out Hunger Food Drive and Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway presentation
5. Presentation of the Alachua County Victim Services & Rape Crisis Center (VSRCC) Advisory Board's 2015-16 Annual Workplan and Accomplishments Report
6. Program presentation by Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell
7. Naming the 515 North Main Street Building
8. Sustainability Council Quarterly Update
9. Financial support for special event/program Changeville
10. Adopt revised financial support of special event/program and support of mental health programs policies
11. County process for timely review and comment on municipal annexations
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
18. First Public Hearing for Notice of Intent to use Uniform Method of Collecting Non-Ad Valorem Assessment for Roadway and Drainage Improvements to NE 96th Ave, NE 100th Ave and NE 108th Ave
19. Public Hearing to Consider the Adoption of a Resolution Establishing a Public Purpose for the Construction and Operation of the Alachua County Fairgrounds
20. Transmittal Hearing for CPA-01-16 to Revise Policy 1.6.8 of the Transportation Mobility Element to Allow Repaving Projects without Requiring the Addition of Paved Shoulders or Bicycle Lanes
21. Oaks of Hague, Lot 4 Replat
22. ZOM-09-15: Major Amendment to a Planned Development (Newberry Rd./122nd St. PD)
23. ZOM-01-16: A Request for an Amendment to a PD (Planned Development) District to Extend the Phasing Schedule until 2025
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Item to be Added to the Regular Agenda
- Drainage Easement for connection from Lexington Place stormwater basin to Kimberly Woods stormwater system, per James Harriott, Jr. (to follow item # 19)
Backup to be Added to the Regular Agenda
- Backup documents for Strike Out Hunger Food Drive and Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway Presentation, per Gina Peebles. (Item # 4)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (220 S.E. 2nd Ave, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.