ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, March 8, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
5. Recognize Environmental Protection and Facilities staff for concerted awareness of citizens needs in Phifer Flatwoods
6. Program presentation by Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell
7. BoCC Rules of Procedure revision
8. Financial support for Special Event/Program Rosewood Scholarship Banquet
9. Quarterly Hiring Activity Report for 1st Quarter FY 2016
10. Approval of invocation policy
11. Tribond, LLC; RFP 16-27: annual janitorial services for "B" Buildings
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
18. Local Minimum Wage Ordinance
19. Animals - amendments to Alachua County Code, Chapter 72
20. Animal Services Ordinance Amendment - penalties for ordinance violation
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (220 S.E. 2nd Ave, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.