ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, April 26, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
9. Annual FLUMIST Presentation
10. Healthy Weight Community Champion Certification
11. CareerSource NCFL Workforce Service Plan
12. Program Presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
13. Request that the Chief Judge of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Appoint a Replacement for Commissioner Cornell to the Alachua County Canvassing Board
14. Partnership for Strong Families Funding through Discretionary Mental Health Funding Pool for Mental Health Prevention and Education Programming
15. Confirmation of Ramon Gavarrete, as County Engineer, Alachua County Public Works, Effective May 31, 2016
16. Resolution to Establish a Children Services Advisory Board
17. Presentation by Fire Rescue Regarding the Peak Load Division
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
25. CPA-03-16: A Request for a Large Scale Land Use Amendment on Approximately 20 Acres from Medium Density Residential (4-8 du/acre) to Low Density Residential (1-4 du/acre)
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Item to be Added to the Regular Agenda
Strive for 75% Update, Department of Waste and Resource Recovery (see attached)
Items to be Added to the Consent Agenda
Public Improvement Revenue Refunding Note, Series 2016, (see attached)
Amended 2014-2017 Collective Bargaining Agreement with Local 3852/International Association of Fire Fighters, (see attached)
Agreement with Florida PACE Funding Agency Property Assessed Clean Energy Provider, (see attached)
Florida Department of Transportation National Environmental Policy Act Assignment
Amendments to Interlocal Agreements (Fire Agreements with Micanopy, Cross Creek, Windsor, and High Springs), (see attached)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (220 S.E. 2nd Ave, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.