ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 14, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
8. Program presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
9. Request to Advertise a proposed ordinance relating to a proposed Charter Amendment regarding Voluntary Municipal Annexations
10. Agreement with the Matheson History Museum, Inc. for loan of Historical Lion Statue
11. Waldo Road Job Center Land Use planning discussion
12. Shared Use Non-Motorized Trail (SUNTRail) Project priorities
13. Purchase of Barr Hammock Webb Tract through the Alachua County Forever Program
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
19. Acceptance of donation of Lochloosa Creek Page Tract through the Alachua County Forever Program
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Items to be Added to the Regular Agenda
• Resolution opposing the FFWC's action to permit bear hunting, to follow item #8
• Resolution supporting the request by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company for the participation in the QTI Program, to follow item #10
• Declaration of surplus properties, to follow item #12
• Application for Tourist Development Funds to promote tourism an add one FTE to Tourist Development, to follow item #8
• Planned Parenthood of South Florida & The Treasure Coast, Inc., DBA Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida Agreement for Contractual, to precede item #18
• Move Item #9, Request to Advertise an ordinance proposing a Charter Amendment regarding the process for Voluntary Municipal Annexations in Alachua County, to the evening portion of the meeting, to follow the item above
• Interlocal Agreements with the City of Newberry, Town of LaCrosse, Windsor Volunteer Fire Department, Cross Creek Volunteer Fire Department, Melrose Volunteer Fire Department and City of High Springs, to follow the item above
• Move Item #13, Purchase of Barr Hammock Webb Tract through the Alachua County Forever Program, to Follow Item #19
Item to be Added to the Consent Agenda
• Local Option Fuel Tax Ordinance - Authorization to Advertise for a Public Hearing, to Follow Item #23
• Move Item #10 Agreement with the Matheson History Museum, Inc. for Loan of Historical Lion Statue, to the Consent Agenda, to Follow Item #24
• Donation of Surplus Computers (6) and 1 Printer to the Old Town Ministries for Afterschool Tutoring, Homework Assistance and Mentoring, to Follow Item #25
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.