ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, August 23, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
6. Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. Annual Report Presentation
7. Program Presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
8. Resolution Supporting the Request by NeXtGen Biologics, Inc. for the Participation in the QTI Program
9. Investment Inducements Incentives for Economically Underperforming Areas
10. Sustainability Council Quarterly Update
11. Sustainability Council Community Business Related Initiative Update - Community Business Initiatives
12. Water Conservation Projects Update
13. Sustainability Council Energy and Waste Related Initiatives - Recommendations for Use of Products with Recycled Content
14. Local Florida Friendly Landscaping Code
15. Recognize Unanticipated Revenue and Approve Agreement for the Newnans Lake Improvement Initiative16. Authorize Meridian Behavioral Healthcare to Apply for the CJMHSAG Reinvestment Grant for Dept. of Children and Families
16. Authorize Meridian Behavioral Healthcare to Apply for the CJMHSAG Reinvestment Grant for Dept. of Children and Families
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
23. First Public Hearing to Amend the Unified Land Development Code to Permit Remote Parking
24. ZOM-03-16: A Request to Amend an Existing Planned Development District (Tower Hill Office Park) to Allow Educational Facilities as a Permitted Use and to Allow Incidental Food Sales as an Accessory Use
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Items to be Added to the Regular Agenda
• Resolution Supporting the Request by Brammer Bio, LLC. for the participation in the QTI Program (to follow Item #8)
• Federal Emergency Management Agency Assistance to Firefighters Grant Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Award (to follow Item #17)
• Chesnut Plantation Subdivision Preliminary Development Plan (to follow Item #24)
Items to be Added to the Consent Agenda
• VR Systems: Purchase Order 161480 (to follow Item #34)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.