ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, October 11, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
8. Three Minute Local History Presentation by the Alachua County Historical Commission
9. Alachua County League of Cities Discussion
10. Lethality Assessment Program Presentation
11. City of High Springs Community Redevelopment Plan
12. Haile Plantation (Haile) Entry Sign Landscaping
13. City of Gainesville Annexation: Status Update and Discussion of Appeal Process
14. CHOICES Funding Recommendations
15. WellFlorida Council Inc. Children's Services Needs Assessment Presentation
16. CAPP Supplemental Funding Distribution Recommendations
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
25. Envision Alachua - Hawthorne proposed Comprehensive Plan Amendments
27. Second Public Hearing to Amend the Unified Land Development Code to Permit Remote Parking
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.