ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, December 13, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
9. Economic Development Update: Greater Gainesville Chamber Strategies, Tactics and Actions 2017
11. Program presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
12. Sheriff's budget issue update
13. Resolution identifying location of S.W. 8th Ave extension project and delegating limited authority to staff
14. County Commission appointments to boards and committees for 2017
15. Update on proposed Stormwater Quality Improvement Code
16. Phoenix Commercial brownfield designation
17. Chair letter to municipalities regarding fuel tax renewal
18. Transportation Alternatives Program priority projects for Florida Department of Transportation FY 2023
19. Development incentives and home based businesses
20. "Envision Alachua - Hawthorne" adopted comprehensive plan amendment: Status update and consideration of administrative challenge
21. Annual performance review for County Manager and County Attorney
22. FY 2016 Quarterly Hiring Activity Report for 3rd and 4th Quarter and Annual Hiring Activity Report
23. Celebration Pointe maintenance agreement amendment and roadway renaming resolution
24. Alachua County government minimum wage exemption report
25. Sustainability Council quarterly update
View the Regular Meeting/Consent agenda and backup materials
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
2. Adoption of a resolution electing to use the uniform method of collecting non-ad valorem assessment for the cost of providing stormwater services
3. N.W. 23rd Avenue corridor
4. Resolution of intent to use uniform method of collecting non-ad valorem assessment for fire protection
5. CPA-07-16 (Small Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment) - a request for a small scale map amendment to the 2030 Future Land Use Map of the Comprehensive Plan changing the land use designation from 'Tourist/Entertainment' to 'Office'
7. ZOX-01-16 (Special Exception) - a request for a special exception to permit a major utility (a solar array) in an 'A' (Agricultural) district on approximately 413.80 acres
View the Public Hearing agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.