ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, March 14, 2017. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
4. Upon Arrival: Stepping Up Together Alachua County presentation
5. Economic development update: Local impact of Santa Fe CIED & GTEC
7. Budget amendment to replenish facilities building maintenance budget from County for the remediation, remodel and plumbing repairs in the restrooms/showers at the Combined Communications Center (CCC) and work release buildings
8. First Amendment to Cross Creek Volunteer Fire Department and transfer $39,268 from the MSTU Fire fund reserves to increase the Cross Creek Volunteer Fire Department contract
9. Request to advertise Unified Land Development Code amendments for redevelopment, cottage neighborhoods, and planned developments
View the Regular Meeting/Consent agenda and backup materials
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
4. Preliminary development plan - Ramirez single family home impact to wetland buffer
View the Public Hearing agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.