Carbon Monoxide is the "silent killer." It is an odorless and
colorless gas that can kill. Carbon Monoxide is produced by improperly
operating gas or oil fueled heating appliances and fire places. All gas
and oil fueled appliances should be inspected and adjusted by trained
service personnel. Flues and chimneys should be inspected and cleaned by
trained chimney sweeps.
Your Fire Rescue Department recommends that Carbon Monoxide detectors
be installed in homes/apartments that use gas/oil fueled appliances,
wood stoves and fire places. Properly operating detectors will provide
timely warning of accumulations of this dangerous gas.