Volunteers are an important part of the Alachua County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program. They help to ensure the proper disposal of common everyday items that could have large impacts on our environment and drinking water.
- 18 years old and able to provide their own transportation to Levada Brown Environmental Park.
- 16-18 years old if wishing to volunteer to meet Bright Futures Scholarship or other High School Community Service requirement.
Household Hazardous Waste Volunteer
- Ability to assist members of the public with unloading materials from their vehicles.
- Assist staff with sorting and processing materials for proper disposal.
- Assist staff with routine housekeeping of facility (sweeping, leafblowing, stocking shelves).
View and sign volunteer agreement