WELCOME to TURF SWAP:
Alachua County has received springs protection grant funds to reduce outdoor water use in existing landscapes. You may be eligible for a 50% rebate up to $2,000 to SWAP out a portion of your irrigated turf and replace it with water-conserving Florida Friendly Landscaping™! The program ends 1/31/2019.
Click HERE to see before and after photos!
- You must have an irrigation system - the goal of this program is to permanently remove some high volume irrigation so we can save water immediately and into the future.
- Homeowners and business properties within Alachua County (including municipalities) may apply.
- Work must be completed by a Florida Water Star Accredited Professional - a list of these SWAP Shops is available Here.
- Read this website carefully.
- Contact ACEPD staff at 352-264-6800 to ask questions and set up an optional site visit.
- Work with a Florida Water Star Accredited Professional/SWAP Shop to design your new landscape.
- Get permission from your HOA (if applicable).
- Call 811 before digging up grass.
- SWAP Shop removes high volume irrigation and installs Florida Friendly Landscaping.
- Submit completed application form, completed W9 form, and itemized invoice from your SWAP Shop to ACEPD.