If you did not receive an invitation to participate in this phase
Turf SWAP and would like to find out if you are
eligible, click here.
WELCOME to TURF SWAP:
Alachua County has received grant funds to reduce outdoor water use in existing landscapes. You may be eligible for a 50% rebate up to $2,000 to make irrigation
system efficiency improvements
and to SWAP out a portion of your irrigated
with water-conserving Florida Friendly Landscaping TM
The program ends 10/31/2022 or until funds are
- You must not have received a Turf SWAP rebate in the past.
- You must receive an invitation to participate.
- Rebates can be used for residential properties, HOA common spaces, and business properties within Alachua County (including municipalities).
- Work must be completed by a Florida Water Star Accredited Professional - a list of these SWAP Shops is available Here.
- Read this website carefully.
- You must receive an invitation to
participate in this program.
- If you have not received an
invitation and would like to inquire about your eligibility, click here.
- If you received an invitation, please contact
ACEPD staff at 352-264-6827 so they can answer any questions you may have.
- Contact one of the Florida Water Star Accredited
Professional SWAP Shops for an estimate to make water conservation changes on your property and for landscape design.
- Get permission from your HOA
- SWAP Shop of your choice will
efficiency improvements and install Florida Friendly LandscapingTM, if applicable. (Limit of
a single rebate, up to $2,000, per property.)
- Submit completed application
form, completed W9 form, and itemized invoice from your SWAP Shop to
ACEPD via email: hgreer@AlachuaCounty.us or mail: 408 W. University
Ave, Suite 106, Gainesville, FL 32601.
- ACEPD will conduct a
site visit to verify work has been completed and discuss landscape
- Checks will be issued in