Current Turf SWAP funds have been depleted. Please sign up here for information about future funding as Turf SWAP is likely to resume in 2021!
WELCOME to TURF SWAP:
Alachua County has received grant funds to reduce outdoor water use in existing landscapes. You may be eligible for a 50% rebate up to $1,500 to SWAP out a portion of your irrigated turf and replace it with water-conserving Florida Friendly Landscaping™
Not ready for landscape changes? Rebate funds can also be used for irrigation system improvements for efficiency and conservation. The program ends 5/30/2021.
- You must not have received a Turf SWAP rebate in the past.
- You must have an irrigation system - the goal of this program is to permanently remove some high volume irrigation so we can save water immediately and into the future.
- Rebates can be used for residential properties, HOA common spaces, and business properties within Alachua County (including municipalities).
- Work must be completed by a Florida Water Star Accredited Professional - a list of these SWAP Shops is available Here.
- Read this website carefully.
- Contact ACEPD staff at 352-264-6800 to ask questions.
- Take a before picture of your landscape to provide with your completed paperwork.
- Work with a Florida Water Star Accredited Professional/SWAP Shop to design your new landscape, retrofit your irrigation system, or add water saving devices.
- Get permission from your HOA (if applicable).
- Call 811 before digging up grass.
- SWAP Shop removes high volume irrigation, installs Florida Friendly Landscaping (if applicable), and/or makes irrigation efficiency improvements. (Limit of a single rebate,up to $1500, per property.)
- Submit your before photo where applicable, completed application form, completed W9 form, and itemized invoice from your SWAP Shop to ACEPD.
- ACEPD will conduct a site visit to verify work has been completed and disuss landscape care.
- Checks will be issued in 4-6 weeks.