Children's Trust of Alachua County
Request for Applications Announcement
RFA 20-937 Capacity Increases and Infrastructure
Improvements for Programs Serving Youth
The Children’s Trust of Alachua County is currently seeking
proposals from qualified organizations serving children for Youth Programs
Capacity Increases and Infrastructure Improvements. Agencies must have a
current IRS 501(c)(3) designation, be a government agency, or provide an
explanation of alternate tax status. All applicants must have a physical
presence in Alachua County. The expected appropriation for FY 20 is $2,500,000.00
Digital Applications will be accepted via Zoom Grants
beginning November 15, 2019. All instructions for completing the application
and contact information for questions are located on the Zoom Grants website
which can be accessed by clicking the button below.
Apply via ZoomGrants™
November 15, 2019:
Zoom Grants Application available
November 26, 2019
County Health Department
December 18, 2019 2:00
Deadline for completed
Other Important dates and additional information can be
found under the Grant Resource Information Tab on the Zoom Grants site.
The Children's Trust of Alachua County
The Children's Trust of Alachua County has been established pursuant to Section 125.901 Florida Statute and Alachua County Ordinance 18-08, as approved by the voters in November 2018 and its purpose is set forth by statute and ordinance. Over 61% of the Alachua County voters approved the creation of the Trust. The purpose of the Children's Trust of Alachua County is to provide children's services throughout Alachua County.
The powers and authority of the Children's Trust of Alachua County includes:
- To provide and maintain within the County such preventive, developmental, and rehabilitative services for children as the council determines are needed for the general welfare of the County.
- To provide such other services for all children as the council determines are needed for the general welfare of the County.
- To allocate and provide funds for other agencies in the County which are operated for the benefit of children, provided they are not under the exclusive jurisdiction of the public school system.
- To collect information and statistical data which will be helpful to the council in deciding the needs of children in the County.
- To consult with other agencies dedicated to the welfare of children to the end that the overlapping of services will be prevented.
- To lease or buy such real estate, equipment, and personal property and to construct such buildings as are needed to execute the foregoing powers and functions, provided that no such purchases shall be made or building done except for cash with funds on hand or secured by funds deposited in financial institutions.
- To employ and pay, on a part-time or full-time basis, personnel needed to execute the foregoing powers and functions.
- To enter into agreements with government agencies to provide administrative services.
- All powers, functions, and duties specified in Section 125.901, Florida Statutes.
If any accommodations are needed for persons with disabilities, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at (352) 374-5275 or (352) 374-5284 TDD.