Children's Trust of Alachua County
The Children's Trust of Alachua County
The Children's Trust of Alachua County has been established pursuant to Section 125.901 Florida Statute and Alachua County Ordinance 18-08, as approved by the voters in November 2018 and its purpose is set forth by statute and ordinance. Over 61% of the Alachua County voters approved the creation of the Trust. The purpose of the Children's Trust of Alachua County is to provide children's services throughout Alachua County.
The powers and authority of the Children's Trust of Alachua County includes:
- To provide and maintain within the County such preventive, developmental, and rehabilitative services for children as the council determines are needed for the general welfare of the County.
- To provide such other services for all children as the council determines are needed for the general welfare of the County.
- To allocate and provide funds for other agencies in the County which are operated for the benefit of children, provided they are not under the exclusive jurisdiction of the public school system.
- To collect information and statistical data which will be helpful to the council in deciding the needs of children in the County.
- To consult with other agencies dedicated to the welfare of children to the end that the overlapping of services will be prevented.
- To lease or buy such real estate, equipment, and personal property and to construct such buildings as are needed to execute the foregoing powers and functions, provided that no such purchases shall be made or building done except for cash with funds on hand or secured by funds deposited in financial institutions.
- To employ and pay, on a part-time or full-time basis, personnel needed to execute the foregoing powers and functions.
- To enter into agreements with government agencies to provide administrative services.
- All powers, functions, and duties specified in Section 125.901, Florida Statutes.
Summer Breakspot - Free Meals to Kids Under 18
Summer Breakspot provides nutritious meals at no cost to children 18 and under while school it out for the summer. This service is provided by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
To access this service and to find meal sites, visit the Summer Break Spot website.
If any accommodations are needed for persons with disabilities, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at (352) 374-5275 or (352) 374-5284 TDD.