The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville). The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. and will recess after the morning agenda items are completed. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda.
During the daytime portion of the meeting, the County Commission will select a Poet Laureate to represent the County. During the evening portion of the meeting, the Commission will discuss the future of Camp McConnell.
Daytime items of interest include:
- Approval of a proclamation declaring January 17, 2020, as “Arbor Day 2020” in Alachua County, FL
- Land Conservation Board appointments
- Veteran Services Advisory Board Annual Accomplishments and Work Plan Report
- Presentation: Automated photo speed enforcement and innovative traffic calming solutions
- Unified Land Development Code update kickoff
- Select Poet Laureate for CTA 19-228 rebid
- Career Source NCF update from BoCC staff and attorney
- MTPO Referral - Bicycle/Pedestrian Master Plan
Evening items of interest include:
- Public Hearing for the Proposed Plat Vacation for High Springs Manor
- Camp McConnell discussion
View the Regular Meeting agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting. It will be available to view live on Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and on the County’s Video on Demand
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.