We provide user-friendly, quality legal services to our clients in a timely fashion.
Our clients include:
- Board of County Commissioners
- Constitutional Officers
- County Manager
- County Departments
- Library District
- Metropolitan Transportation Planning Organization
- Canvassing Board
- Board-appointed committees
Primary Critical Functions
- Legal advice, representation, and training
- Reducing costs of claims against County
- Collecting claims owed to County
- Assisting in bidding/contracting
- Enforcement of County Codes through Courts
- Providing advice on land use
- Advising on employment and labor matters
- Michele L. Lieberman
- County Attorney
- 12 SE 1st Street
- Gainesville, FL 32601
- Phone: 352-374-5218
- Fax: 352-374-5216
- Michele L. Lieberman - County Attorney
- Robert Livingston - Ass't. County Attorney
- Bill Harlan - County Litigation Attorney
- Sylvia Torres - Assistant County Attorney
- Corbin Hanson - Assistant County Attorney I
- Eileen Hodges - Executive Legal Secretary
- Lisa Buggica - Legal Secretary
- Mary Lowry - Legal Secretary
Mediation Statement - Alachua County v. City of Alachua
Mediation between the Alachua County Commission and the Alachua City Commission, pursuant to Florida Statute 164, took place on Tuesday, August 18, 2015, at 1:00 p.m. The Mediation was held at Alachua City Hall.
To view Alachua County's presentation click here.
To view the County's mediation statement click here, or download the compressed file here.
To view the City of Alachua's mediation statement click here.
Alachua County Lobbyist Registration
The Alachua County Board of County Commissioners Lobbying Ordinance requires registration of all lobbyists who engage in efforts to influence the Board of County Commissioners on matters within its official jurisdiction. Prior to engaging in lobbying, each lobbyist will be required to file with the Clerk of the Court a registration statement which contains general identification information as to the lobbyist and their client(s). Even if you lobby only on an occasional basis, it is important that you familiarize yourself with the lobbying rules. At this site, you will find links to the lobbying ordinance, registration form, and the lobbyist registry.
To view site please click here.