ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 11, 2013. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
8. Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Report and Discussion
9. Revision to Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Alachua County Board of County Commissioners Non-Bargaining Pay Plan.
10. Court Services Re-organization. Revision to Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Alachua County Board of County Commissioners Non-Bargaining Pay Plan.
11. Proposed Consolidation of County Parks, Recreation, and Conservation Lands programs by merger into a new division within the Environmental Protection Department.
12. Upgrade Communications Coordinator from Regular Retirement Service to Senior Management Retirement Service
13. Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) maintenance agreement for Main Street
14. Request to Advertise proposed Unified Land Development Code changes
17. Commission Comments, including a discussion about hiring a new County Manager
Items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
19. Public Hearing to Amend the FY13 Budget for changes in fund balance and other revenues
Zoning and land use items include: (If you know citizens who live near these projects, please share this press release.)
20. ZOM-07-13: A request for a Planned Development (PD) zoning district for the ISKCON community on approximately 86 acres located on SR 235 northeast of the City of Alachua
21. ZOX-01-13: A special exception to allow for a solar array
22. Prairie View Solar Park; Project Preliminary Development Plan Review
23. ZOM 08-13: Public hearing on applications by multiple property owners to rezone 22 parcels generally located southeast of Gainesville Regional Airport from industrial to residential districts
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.