Alachua County Citizens Academy
Tour of Waste Management Facilities 2015
Commissioner Chestnut 2015
Michelle Lieberman, County Attorney 2015
Animal Services Equipment Demo 2016
Environmental Protection Surface Waters Demo 2016
Fire Rescue Demo 2016
Sheriff Presentation 2016
Budget Activity with Participants 2016
Commissioner Hutchinson 2016
Citizens Academy Class Photo 2016
Citizens Academy Graduation 2016
Chair Hutchinson welcomes Alachua County Citizens Academy 2016
Alachua County Citizens Academy Welcome Message
Dear Alachua County Citizens:
Whether you are new to our community, or are a life-long resident, we strongly encourage you, your colleagues, family, friends and neighbors to participate in a future Alachua County Citizens Academy program. This free program usually begins in April of each year and spans eight weeks.
The Citizens Academy offers Alachua County residents an opportunity to participate in behind-the-scenes tours, hear lectures and interact with Alachua County officials from the Board of County Commissioners, Constitutional Offices, Judiciary, Library District, Health Department, and School Board.
Thank you for your interest in the Alachua County Citizens Academy program and we look forward to meeting you in a future Citizens Academy class!
The Alachua County Leadership Team
Below is a sample schedule of the sessions and presentations typically conducted during the Alachua County Citizens Academy program.
Josiah T Walls Building – Downtown Gainesville
Emergency Operations Center or Sheriff's Office Squad Room
Criminal Courthouse - Jury Room
Eighth Judicial Circuit
Clerk of the Court
Work Release Facility
Thomas Coward Auditorium - Alachua County Health Department
Alachua County Library District Headquarters
Veteran's Memorial Park - Freedom Center
Public Works Compound - Hague
- Public Works
- Animal Services
- Solid Waste & Resource Recovery
- Conservation Lands
- IFAS/Ag Extension Office
If you have any questions regarding the 2021 Citizens Academy,
please call 352-374-5262.
- You must be 18 or older to participate.
- You are responsible for transportation to/from each meeting site.
- Photos may be taken during the Alachua County Citizens Academy sessions, which could be used by Alachua County for marketing, promotion, and/or informational content in print and/or digital media.
- Alachua County Citizens Academy program seating is limited to 45. If registration capacity is reached, a wait list will be generated.
- If you have a disability and need an accommodation in order to participate in a County program, service or public meeting, please contact the Alachua County Equal Opportunity Office at (352)374-5275 at least 2 business days prior to the event. TTY users please call 711 (Florida Relay Service).