ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, August 12, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
8. Introduction of Dr. Owen Roberts, new Superintendent of the Alachua County School Board
11. Quarterly Hiring Activity Report for 3rd quarter FY 2014
12. Moving Alachua County Forward Citizen Oversight Committee
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
17. Public Hearing for proposed plat vacation for Resurvey Kingsbury Park and Town of Metcalfe.
18. Noise Ordinance Amendment
19. Archer Farms Planned Development - A public hearing to consider a replat to create a 4 lot rural subdivision on approximately 44.90 acres located at 16525 SW 5th Place. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 374-5249 or Rick Wolf at email@example.com for further information.
20. ZOM-03-14: A request to amend the Oakmont Planned Development to permit model homes and various changes.
21. ZOX-02-14: A special exception to allow for a wood processing facility.
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.