ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their twice-monthly Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday January 24, 2012. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent Agenda and Backup Materials
Two items – 16 and 17 – have been moved from the daytime Regular Meeting Agenda to the evening Public Hearing Agenda. They are:
16. Proposed Letter to Alachua County Legislative Delegation Opposing Proposed Legislation Preempting Alachua County's Airboat Curfew Ordinance
17. Resolution Supporting Local Control of Workforce Boards
Other items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
15. Resolution to Amend and Restate the BoCC's Rules of Procedure to address informal meetings, workshops and retreats and removal of Advisory Board members for cause
20. Proposed Community Wide Project Lists for Transportation System Surtax Draft
Other items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
27. Public Hearing for Ordinance Amending Chapter 63 of the Alachua County Code (Alcohol Sales on Sunday)
Items 28, 29, 30 dealing with Land Conservation acquisitions
Details on these and all agenda items can be viewed at the link above.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings or to view them live on Cox Channel 12 or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.