ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their twice-monthly Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, February 14, 2012. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Citizens living near 22211 W. Newberry Road are encouraged to pay particular attention to the zoning item below.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
9. QTI: Resolution supporting the request by R and L Carriers, Inc. for participation in the Qualified Targeted Industry
10. Estimated budgetary increase in utilities due to the implementation of the GRU biomass project
12. Outline of the Poe Springs Management Agreement with High Springs
14. FFY 2011 $750,000 Florida Small Cities Community Development Block Grant Award Agreement under Housing Rehabilitation Category between the Department of Economic Opportunity and Alachua County Board of County Commissioners
Items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
19. Purchase of a Conservation Easement on the San Felasco Additions/Freeland Tract by Alachua County Forever
Amount: Acquisition $291,672, Annual stewardship $550
20. Inclusion of Alachua and Archer to Alachua County’s Landscape Fertilizer and Irrigation Codes
21. ZOM-05-11: A request to rezone from 'A' (Agriculture) district to A-RB (Agriculture/Rural Business) district on approximately 1.25 acres at 22211 W. Newberry Road. The A-RB zoning (ZOM-05-11) would, if approved, allow all permitted uses within the A-RB zoning district including a veterinary clinic (the present use on the site) as well as limited commercial uses such as a garden supply or feed store. Public participation in the hearing process is encouraged. This is the second of two public hearings for this request. All materials related to this application are available for review at the Office of Growth Management. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 374-5249 or Jerry Brewington at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
View the Complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent Agenda and Backup Materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings or to view them live on Cox Channel 12 or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by clicking on and signing up for the following products: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release.
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.