ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, February 12, 2013. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
9. Strike Out Hunger Food Drive Presentation and Recognition by Rodney Long
10. Resolution supporting request by Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) to amend MindTree Ltd. QTI program agreement
11. Alachua County's 2013 Federal Legislative Program update by Marion Turner
12. Quarterly Hiring Activity Report for the 1st Quarter of Fiscal Year 2012/2013
13. Butler Plaza Comprehensive Plan Amendment Coordination
14. Land Development Code Natural Resources Protection Deed Restriction Requirements
Items of interest at the Public Hearing include:
20. Children's Services Independent Special District Ordinance
Zoning and land use items include: (If you know citizens who live near these projects, please share this press release.)
21. CPA 09-12: Comprehensive Plan Amendment for Area Southeast of Airport
22. CPA-08-12: A request to amend policies in the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan related to permitted uses within Rural Employment Centers
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.