ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, July 8, 2014. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
8. Original Florida Tourism Task Force
9. Update on Kopper's cost recovery settlement discussions
10. High Springs to Newberry Rail
11. Request to advertise a Public Hearing to consider an amendment to the Town of Micanopy's Wild Spaces and Public Places eligible projects list
12. Poll results for the proposed SAD for NW 210 Avenue, NW 205 Street, NW 218 Avenue and NW 202 Street east of NW County Road 236.
13. Presentation of the Sector Plan Process and update on the status of the Plum Creek Envision Alachua Sector Plan Application
16. Selection of executive search firm to recruit for a new County Manager
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
19. FY15 Tentative Budget Presentation
20. Purchase two conservation easements in the Alachua County Forever Lochloosa Creek project.
21. Public Hearing for proposed plat vacation for Resurvey Kingsbury Park and Town of Metcalfe.
22. Arbor Greens Planned Development Phase 2, Unit 1 Plat - A public hearing to consider a plat for a 55 lot single family residential subdivision on approximately 19.33 acres located in the 13200 Block of NW 9th Road. Please contact the Alachua County Growth Management Department at 352-374-5249 or Rick Wolf at email@example.com for further information.
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.