ALACHUA COUNTY - North Central Florida businesses have a chance to turn the tables on local governments. The North Central Florida Chapter of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc.(NIGP) 5th Annual Reverse Trade Show will be held at Central FL Community College on Wednesday, July 18, 2007.
Instead of setting appointments and spending days to travel to each of the government agencies represented, businesses will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and meet with purchasing representatives from all the agencies in one room during a four hour period. They will be able to get pointers on dealing with the government and ascertain which entities may have need for their services and/or products.
"The government agencies participating in the reverse trade show are eager to tap the largest possible pool of vendors when they make purchases," Alachua County Purchasing Manager Larry M. Sapp, CPPB, said. "We’re especially interested in reaching small business enterprises (SBE'S)."
Approximately 250 visitors took advantage of the opportunity to meet with purchasing professionals representing 19 government agencies including cities, counties, state agencies, US GSA, community colleges and universities, water districts, school boards, and utilities. We heard many positive comments from our vendors who are delighted to be able to meet with so many agencies at one place and at one time.
- Alachua County BoCC & Library District
- Alachua County School Board
- Central Florida Community College - CFCC
- Citrus County BoCC
- City of Gainesville
- City of Ocala
- Gainesville Regional Utilities - GRU
- Marion County BoCC
- Marion County Public Schools
- Santa Fe Community College – SFCC
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- St Johns River Water Management District
- State of Florida Department of Corrections
- State of Florida DMS
- Suwannee River Water Management District
- US General Administration – GSA
- University of Florida – UF