January 5, 2009
ALACHUA COUNTY, FL - New episodes of "County Update" and "Alachua County Talks" are now running on Cox Channel 12, your local government connection.
The new episode of "County Update" includes feature stories highlighting the following:
1) Ribbon Cutting at the New Alachua County Jail Dormitory
2) Alachua County Environmental Protection Department looks at Lakeshore Buffers
3) Swearing-in of Re-elected County Commissioners
4) County Public Works Milling and Resurfacing of NW 51st Street, NW 39th Avenue and SW 8th Avenue
5) Criminal Offender Community Re-entry Workshop
6) County Animal Services Open House/ Adoptathon
7) County Manager Randall H. Reid's "Alternative Futures" Project
"County Update" is on at 7 p.m. every night but Thursday and at 7 a.m. and midnight every day (all showings may be preempted by special or regular meetings).
The new episode of "Alachua County Talks" features an interview with Alachua County Household Hazardous Waste Coordinator Kurt Seaburg.
The interview focuses on the County's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center (HWCC). The Alachua County Environmental Protection Department provides for proper management of hazardous and toxic materials and waste from County residents and qualified small businesses at the HWCC. This is a county-wide service.
"Alachua County Talks" airs at 7:30 p.m. every night except Thursday, and at 7:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. every day (all showings may be preempted by special or regular meetings).
To view "County Update" immediately on Video on Demand, click on the link below:
The jump points below the view screen allow you to jump to each story.
To view "Alachua County Talks" immediately on Video on Demand, click the link below:
Click the link below to view the complete Channel 12 schedule:
For more information, call the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5226.