ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, January 13, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
8. Presentation of Alachua County's re-designation as a National Weather Service StormReady Community
9. Veteran Services Advisory Board Annual Report
10. Victim Services & Rape Crisis Center Advisory Board Annual Report
11. 2014 - 2017 Local 3852 Management Unit International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) Amended Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
17. CPA-06-14: A small-scale comprehensive plan amendment to change the future land use designation from Tourist/Entertainment to Rural/Agriculture
18. Tomoca Hills Subdivision Replat of Unit 2, Lot 2
19. Town of Tioga Planned Development Phase 15 Final Plat
20. ZOM-05-14: A request to rezone from BH (Highway-Oriented Business Services) to A (Agricultural)
21. ZOM-01-15: A request for a non-residential PD zoning district on approximately 96 acres
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.