ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, February 10, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
7. Presentation: One Mill Initiative for Alachua County Public Schools
8. Resolution to support a statewide ban on hydraulic fracturing (fracking)
9. 2014 - 2017 Amended Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between Alachua County and Local 3852 International Association of Firefighters (IAFF)
10. Quarterly Hiring Activity Report for the 1st Quarter FY 2015
11. SFY 2015-2017 SHIP Local Housing Assistance Plan Amendment
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
17. CPA-01-15: A request for a small scale land use change from Commercial to Institutional land use on approximately 4.22 acres
18. ZOM-04-15: Multerra, LLC rezoning
19. Rescission of ZOS-13-04, a special use permit to allow construction of a new YMCA facility
20. ZOM-03-15: A request for a zoning change from 'A' (Agriculture) district to 'HM' (Hospital/Medical) district on approximately 4.22 acres
Supplemental Item (The time for this item is undetermined)
The SW 63rd Blvd/SW 62nd Ave Rehabilitation Project
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.