ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, March 24, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
7. Presentation of the County's 2014 Independent Audit Results and Financial Statements
8. City of Waldo's outstanding Combined Communication Center debt
9. Confirm Karen Gerding as Human Resources Director for Alachua County Board of County Commissioners effective March 24, 2015
10. Alachua County solar financing strategies
11. Solar Assessment of County Building Rooftops presentation
12. Approve of a solar installation project at Fire Station #25, in Hawthorne, FL; Authorize use of $57,000 of USRP funds and for staff to negotiate an agreement to perform the installation
13. Alachua County Wage Recovery Program Annual Report
14. Quarterly Financial Report
15. Hall-Mark Fire Apparatus, Inc.: Finance Report and Purchase Order 151217
16. Support letter to FEMA for fire staffing grant application
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
21. Proclamation declaring March 30th, 2015 as "Doctor's Day" in Alachua County, FL
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.