ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, May 12, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
10. Government Finance Officers Association Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for 2014 to the Office of Management and Budget
11. Marijuana Arrest Data
12. City of Alachua rezoning approval of approximately 154.5 acres near the intersection of I-75 and US 441
13. Empowerment Center Oversight Advisory Board recommendation regarding residency requirement to access homeless services
14. CHOICES Trust Fund Balance use options
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
21. Codes Enforcement Special Magistrates
22. ZOX-02-15: Goodwin wood processing facility Special Exception
23. Request to rescind ZOS-21-85, a Special Use Permit to allow a sawmill
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.