ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, July 14, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
10. Draft language for a Revised Amendment 1
11. Sustainability Council: Update on implementation of Low-Zero Maintenance Landscaping at County buildings
12. Sidewalk Mitigation and bicycle-pedestrian planning
13. Solid Waste: Amendment to Yard Waste Processing Agreement
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
19. Proposed Millage Rates to fund FY16 Tentative Budget
20. Public Hearing for ordinance ratifying the Emergency Local Option Gas Ordinance adopted June 23, 2015
22. Ordinance allowing an additional Homestead Exemption for persons 65 and older
23. Lugano - Phase 1 Plat (Southampton Traditional Neighborhood Development)
24. Request for Minor Amendment to a Special Exception allowing a wood processing facility in an 'A'(Agriculture) Zoning District
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.