ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, September 22, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
7. Three Minute Local History presentation by the Alachua County Historical Commission
8. Property Assessed Clean Energy in Alachua County
9. New policy for private use of certain County facilities
10. Tree planting plan presentation
11. Agreement on medical claims for arrestees and detainees between Alachua County and Corizon Health, Inc., First Amendment
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
17. Public Hearing: Adopt the FY16 Final Millage Rates and Final Budgets
18. Campus Development Agreement 2015-2025 Public Hearing
19. Adoption of Landscape Irrigation Efficiency Code
20. Public hearing on County-initiated Comprehensive Plan amendment relating to Rural Cluster policies (CPA 03-15)
21. Adoption of an ordinance amending sections 123.20 and 123.21 of the Alachua County Code relating to court filing fees and costs
22. Discussion of confederate soldier statue
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.