ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, October 27, 2015. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Consideration of the road and bike lane configuration for N.W. 16th Avenue has been added to the evening portion of the agenda.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
8. Advisory Board Presentation: Rural Concerns Advisory Committee Work Plan and Accomplishments Report
9. Advisory Board Presentation: Veteran Services Advisory Boards Annual Report
11. Children's Services tax analysis and recommendations
12. County Manager and County Attorney annual performance reviews
13. Update on the Lion Statue Restoration Project
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
21. Alachua County’s Year-Round Water Conservation Measures and Water Shortage Regulations Code, Amendment to include Gainesville, Newberry, and Alachua
22. Settlement options for City of Alachua Cases No. 2015-AP-16 and 2015-CA-1978
23. Public Hearing: County-initiated Comprehensive Plan Amendment regarding rural event centers
24. CPA-04-15: A request for a Small Scale Land Use Change from Commercial and Office to Medium-High Density Residential
25. ZOM-08-15: A request to amend an existing Mixed-Use 'PD' (Planned Development) District
26. ZOS-03-15: Johnson Fairbanks Landfill Special Use Permit
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Additional backup material (not in the agenda):
24. CPA-04-15: Park Lane ZMP
25. ZOM-08-15: Background Materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Item to be added to the 9 a.m. regular agenda
Finance Report for Bid 15-529 Alachua County Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall Building Repairs, Improvement and Re-roofing, D.E. Scorpio Corporation
Item to be added to the 5 p.m. Public Hearing
Consideration of Road and Bike Lane Configuration for N.W. 16th Avenue
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup material
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.