ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, May 24, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
7. Request to Dedicate the Alachua County Community Support Services Auditorium in Honor of Former Commissioner, Thomas Coward
8. SW Advocacy Group, Alachua County Health Department and Partnership for Strong Families Presentation
9. City of High Springs Community Redevelopment Agency Update Presentation
10. Program Presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
11. Board Rules of Procedure
12. Suwannee River Water Management District Surface Water Improvement Management (SWIM)Plan
13. Public Works Tree Planting Update
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
19. Public Hearing for Non-Ad Valorem Assessment for Roadway and Drainage Improvements to NE 96th Ave, NE 100th Ave and NE 108th Ave
20. Amendments to the Fertilizer Standards and Management Practices Code
21. Public Hearing on Proposed Comprehensive Plan Amendment Relating to Minimum Lot Sizes for New Development in Rural Clusters (CPA 04-16)
22. Public Hearing on Proposed Comprehensive Plan Amendment to Delineate the Melrose Rural Cluster Boundary on the Future Land Use Map (CPA 05-16)
23. CPA-02-16: Congregate Living Facilities as Accessory Use to Religious Facilities Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment
24. Town of Tioga Planned Development Phase 18 Plat
View the complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Items to be Added to the Regular Agenda
• Marijuana Distribution Establishments - Declaration of Zoning-in-Progress and Authorization to
Advertise Public Hearings (to Follow Item 11)
• Resolution supporting the request by the VANAD Group, Inc. for the participation in the QTI
Program (to follow the item above)
• Move reserves for NE 132nd Ave (to Follow Item 13)
Item to be Added to the Consent Agenda
• Resolution identifying the location of the SW 8th Ave Extension Project (to Follow Item 26)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.