ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 28, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
5. Program Presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
6. Presentation of the County's 2015 Independent Audit Results and Financial Statements
7. Quarterly Hiring Activity Report for 2nd Quarter FY 2016
8. Request to Dedicate the Alachua County Animal Services Feral Cat Room in Honor of Persephone Athene
9. Housing Summit Report
10. Petco and Wagmore Foundation Grants
11. Stepping Up Initiative Presentation
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
17. CPA-03-16: Request for a Large Scale Land Use Amendment on Approximately 20 Acres from Medium Density Residential to Low Density Residential
18. Second Public Hearing: County Initiated ULDC Amendments
19. Local Option Fuel Tax - Public Hearing to Re-establish the 4th, 5th and 6th Cent
20. Lexington Place Subdivision, Replat of Lots 9, 10, 11 and 12
21. ZOM-02-16: Request to Rezone Approximately 20 acres from R-1b (Single Family Residential) District to R-1a (Single Family Residential) District
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Item to be Added to the Regular Agenda
1. Gas Tax Refunding Note, Series 2016 (To Follow Item #6)
Items to be Added to the Consent Agenda
2. Termination of License Agreement for Phil-Nick's Restaurant (To Follow Item #28)
3. Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Agreement (To Follow Item #48)
4. Emergency Management Preparedness and Assistance Grant Agreement (To Follow the Item Above)
5. Revised Interlocal Agreements with the City of Newberry and City of High Springs for the provision of Fire Suppression and Initial Response for Emergency Medical Services (To Follow the Item Above)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.