ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, August 9, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
6. Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for 2015 to the Office of Management and Budget
7. Program Presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
8. Resolution authorizing County Attorney to utilize eminent domain to acquire real property for S.W. 8th Avenue Extension
9. Celebration Pointe Community Development District 1 Interlocal Agreement with Alachua County
10. Evergreen Solutions, LLC finalization of Classification Compensation Study
11. Authorization to County Attorney to make eminent domain statutory offer for S.W. 8th Avenue Extension Project
12. Sustainability Council LED street lighting update
13. Transfer ownership of south Main Street from Williston Road to S.W. 16th Avenue to the City of Gainesville
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
19. CPA-01-16 Adoption Hearing for paved shoulders and bike lanes
20. Emergency Management - Public Hearing to consider an ordinance amending Chapter 27 of the Alachua County Code
21. Public Hearing on proposed Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment relating to minimum lot size for new development in rural clusters (CPA 04-16)
22. Public Hearing on proposed Comprehensive Plan Amendment to delineate the Melrose Rural Cluster Boundary on the Future Land Use Map (CPA 05-16)
23. A request to amend the Alachua County Unified Land Development Code (ULDC) to permit medical marijuana dispensaries as a limited use in certain zoning districts
24. Public Hearing to amend the Unified Land Development Code, Chapter 407, Article 3, Signs
25. Civil Citations: Public Hearing to consider an ordinance allowing civil citations for misdemeanor marijuana possession
26. ZOS-02-16: A request for a Special Use Permit to allow an institutional facility (Tower Road Branch Public Library) in an Agricultural Zoning District on Approximately 10 Acres
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Items to be Added to the Consent Agenda
1. FFY 2016 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program, JAG Countywide (To Follow Item 32)
2. Solid Waste: Authorization to Advertise Public Hearing (To Follow Item 56)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.