ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, September 27, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
6. Affordable Housing Advisory Committee's (AHAC) Annual Work Plan and Accomplishments Report
7. Rural Concerns Annual Report Presentation
8. Community Gardens Presentation by Daniel Blumberg
9. Program Presentation by Sheriff Sadie Darnell
10. Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) Membership and Sunset Date Amendment
11. Discuss Ex Officio Appointment of the County Manager by the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce
12. Approval of the Revised Alachua County Fairgrounds Rental Application Process Regarding Animal Acts at the Alachua County Fairgrounds
13. FY 2017 Community Agency Partnership Program (CAPP) Funding Recommendations
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
19. Adopt the FY17 Final Millage Rates and Final Budgets
20. Continuation of the Transmittal Hearing for CPA-02-16, Rural Congregate Living Facility Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment
View the Regular/Public Hearing/Consent agenda and backup materials
Supplemental Agenda Items:
Items to be Added to the Regular Agenda
• Resolution Supporting the Request by Brammer Bio, LLC. for the Participation in the QTI Program (to follow Item #10)
• Request to Approve Recommended Tourism Product Development Grant Program Funding Awards (to follow the item above)
• Interlocal Agreement with the Melrose Volunteer Fire Department for the Provision of Fire Suppression and Initial Response Emergency Medical Services (to follow Item #13)
Items to be Added to the Consent Agenda
• Unanticipated Revenue for Federal Health and Human Service Vote Program Grant (to follow Item #32)
• Supervisor of Elections - Approval of Expenditures for the 2016 Presidential General Election (to follow the item above)
• Across the Board Increase for Non-Bargaining Employees; Amendments to FY 2016/2017 Non-Bargaining Pay Plans and LIUNA Bargaining Unit Pay Plans; Intern, Temporary and Unclassified Service Rates of Pay (to follow the item above)
• Amended October 2014-September 2017 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between Alachua County and Local #3852 International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) (General Unit) (to follow the item above)
• Ratify October 2016 - September 2019 Collective Bargaining Agreement(CBA) between Alachua County and Northeast Public Employees Local 630, Laborers' International Union of North America (LIUNA) (to follow the item above)
• Resolution Amending the Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company QTI Program Agreement (to follow the item above
• 2016-17 Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Grant Contract (to follow Item #55)
View the Supplemental Agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items, not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following:Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.