ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, October 25, 2016. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
The County is currently updating their agenda management software. There is now a separate agenda for the Public Hearing. The agendas are now PDF files with back-up items included. They are bookmarked by item name. It is recommended to use Adobe Acrobat’s bookmark feature to more easily find the back-up material for each item.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
1. Hear Presentation and accept the FY17 Alachua County Cost Study
4. Environmental Protection Advisory Committee Annual Report presentation
5. Alachua County Employment Practices audit
6. City of Gainesville annexation of Finley Woods area: status update and discussion of appeal process
7. Letter to City of Hawthorne on Envision Alachua Proposed Comprehensive Plan Amendments
8. Sustainability Council energy and waste related initiatives recommendations for use of products with recycled content.
View the Regular Meeting and Consent agenda and backup materials
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
3. Request to expand the Celebration Pointe Community Development District No. 1 by approximately 25.08 acres.
4. Interlocal Agreement with the Melrose Volunteer Fire Department for the provision of Fire Suppression and Initial Response Emergency Medical Services
View the Public Hearing agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.