ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, March 28, 2017. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
3. Approval of a proclamation declaring March 28th, 2017 as "Alachua County Day of Recognition for National Service" in Alachua County, FL
4. Approval of a proclamation declaring March 30th, 2017 as "Doctor's Day" in Alachua County, FL
5. Approval of a proclamation declaring April 8th, 2017 as "Great War Centennial" in Alachua County, FL
6. Approval of a proclamation declaring April 10th, 2017 as "Gopher Tortoise Day" in Alachua County, FL
8. Victim Services & Rape Crisis Center Advisory Council presentation of the 2016-17 work plan & accomplishments
9. Alachua County Health Department’s School Located Influenza Vaccination Program
10. 2017 Healthy Weight Community Champion presentation
12. 2017-2020 SHIP Local Housing Assistance Plan
13. $3 Million Joint Project Grant Funded through the County's allocation of Wild Spaces Public Places
14. Alachua County Forever Conservation Land Program Contract Negotiator: RFP 17-219
15. Provide direction on the membership and terms of the Wild Spaces Public Places Citizen Oversight
16. Receipt of a progress report on Mental Health First Aid Training Initiative and request for direction
17. City of Gainesville adopted Comprehensive Plan Amendment PB-16-107 LUC and zoning PB-16-108 ZON: status update and consideration of legal challenge
View the Regular Meeting/Consent agenda and backup materials
Item of interest at the Public Hearing:
1. GRU General Manager Ed Bielarski presentation on the possible purchase of the GREC Biomass Plant by the City of Gainesville
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.