ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m., and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting:
3. Approval of a proclamation declaring April 2017 as "Child Abuse Prevention Month" in Alachua County, FL
4. Approval of a proclamation declaring April 2017 as "Fair Housing Month" in Alachua County, FL
5. Approval of a proclamation declaring April 11th, 2017 as "Mark Frantz Day" in Alachua County, FL
6. Length of Service Milestone recipients
7. Mental illness relapse prevention presentation
9. Consideration of City of Gainesville partnership projects funded through the County’s Wild Spaces Public Places allocation
10. Sustainability Council Quarterly Report for April 2017
View the Regular Meeting/Consent agenda and backup materials
Items of interest at the Public Hearing:
2. CPA-01-17: A request for a Large Scale Comprehensive Plan Amendment to the Future Land Use Map 2030 to change approximately 27 acres from Recreation to Medium Density Residential Land Use
3. CPA-02-17: A request for a Large Scale Comprehensive Land Use amendment from Recreation to Medium Density Residential land use
Proclamations and Presentations
5. Approval of a proclamation declaring April 2017 as "Water Conservation Month" in Alachua County, FL
6. Approval of a proclamation declaring April 9th through April 15th, 2017 as "National Public Safety Telecommunications Week" in Alachua County, FL
7. ZOX-01-17: Special Exception for a child care center at St. Joseph's Episcopal Church
8. ZOS-01-17: A Special Use permit for a private educational facility at St. Joseph's Episcopal Church
9. ZOX-02-17: A Special Exception for Entertainment and Recreation Use for Flip Factory Zone, Inc.
10. ZOM-01-17: A request for a major PD (Planned Development) amendment to the Grande Preserve PD to reinstate the development with a seven-year phasing schedule
View the Public Hearing agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend meetings, view them live on Cox Channel 12, or on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Free parking is available for citizens attending these meetings. Please park in the S.W. Parking Garage (105 S.W. 3rd Street, Gainesville) and bring your parking stub to the Alachua County Manager's Office, located on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building, to receive a chaser validation ticket.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.