The Alachua County Commission will conduct a hybrid Regular Meeting on Tuesday, January 26, 2021. The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. and will recess after the morning agenda items are completed. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda. The daytime portion of the meeting includes COVID-19 and CARES Act discussions.
The public who attend in person should go to the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville). Attendees must wear a facial covering at all times. Public seating will be made available up to the capacity that permits adequate social distancing.
The public may attend virtually through Cox Channel 12, Facebook
, and the County’s Video on Demand website
. For meeting audio-only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use meeting code 670 965 3024.
The public may submit comments, written or photographic documents to the Board through email (email@example.com
). Virtual participation is available through the public comment message line. When prompted to call during the meeting, please call 929-205-6099 (enter meeting code 273 174 8038). Callers will be put in a queue, and prompted when it is their turn to speak. TO AVOID FEEDBACK, CALLERS TO THE PUBLIC COMMENT MESSAGE LINE MUST TURN DOWN THEIR MEETING SOUND WHEN ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION.
Callers should state their names and limit comments to two minutes. When prompted for in-person public comment, in-person participants should follow the direction of the Chair to participate.
Daytime items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring January 24, through January 30, 2021, as “Zero Waste Week” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring January 2021, as “National Radon Action Month” in Alachua County, FL
- COVID 19 discussion
- CARES Act Plan
- Behavioral Energy Conservation Program update
- FY22 Budget Development - budget guidelines, constitutional officer budget submittal, and financial policies
- Review of Public Private Partnership terms and authorization for Pre-Development Agreement for a Sports Events Center at Celebration Pointe
- Preliminary Development Plan for Tara Esmerelda - a 40-unit single-family subdivision
Evening item of interest include:
- Unified Land Development Code Amendment Public Hearing 2 of 2: Adaptive Reuse of Hotel/Motel Structures and allowance for Funeral Homes in BR Zoning.
For more information, contact Alachua County Communications Director Mark Sexton at 352-264-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org