The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, January 28, 2020, in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville). The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion of the meeting is canceled.
Items of interest include:
- Length of Service Milestone recognition
- Approval of a proclamation declaring February 7, 2020, as “School Crossing Guard Appreciation Day” in Alachua County
- Approval of a proclamation declaring January 26, through February 1, 2020, as “Zero Waste Week” in Alachua County
- Economic Development Advisory Committee Accomplishments and Work Plan Report
- Presentation by Florida Department of Health regarding radon resistant construction
- Final Report and Presentation by the Children’s Services Advisory Board
- Fair Housing update and update on Housing Authority Vouchers
- Truth and Reconciliation update
- Career Source update and action items
- Public Hearing to adopt an ordinance to repeal Chapter 22 of the Alachua County Code of Ordinances, known as the “Alachua County Purchasing Code” and replacing it with a new procurement code known as the “Alachua County Procurement Code.”
- Public Hearing to consider ordinance amending Fireworks Permitting Code
- Public Hearing to consider Special Event Ordinance
There are two public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting. It will be available to view live on Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and on the County’s Video on Demand
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.