The Alachua County Commission will conduct a hybrid Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 23, 2021, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion is canceled. The Commission will discuss COVID-19 during the meeting.
The Commission will take public comment in person or by calling 1-800-876-7516. Attendees must wear a facial covering at all times. Public seating will be made available up to the capacity that permits adequate social distancing.
For meeting audio-only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use meeting code 670 965 3024. The public may view the meeting on Cox Channel 12, Facebook
, and the County’s Video on Demand website
Items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring March 2021 as “Endometriosis Awareness Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring March 2021 as “National Red Cross Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Appointment of one Citizen at Large Member to the Recreation and Open Space Advisory Committee, with a term ending September 30, 2024.
- COVID 19 Discussion: Updated Emergency Order and Health Department vaccination update
- Special Assessment Districts for Right of Way Infrastructure
- Discussion of Unified Land Development Code issues raised by the Celebration Pointe Transit Oriented Development.
- Request to Advertise proposed Text Amendments to the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan relating to the Rural Commercial Land Use Designation
- Sports Events Center 30% Plans review and project update after 30% design, a significant deviation from the programmatic offerings or building components may negatively impact the financial pro forma.
- Request to rename the Alachua County Criminal Courthouse in honor of Judge Stephan P. Mickle, Sr.
- Lochloosa Slough - Fox Pen Connector Tract contract to purchase real property
For more information, contact Alachua County Communications Director Mark Sexton at 352-264-6979 or email@example.com